Some youcubians have made grids of 400 and added dice, others have adapted it to let the grid represent 100%. Please post how you use this task with your students.
- This game is played in partners. Two children share a blank 100 grid.
- The first partner rolls two number dice.
- The numbers that come up are the numbers the child uses to make an array on the 100 grid.
- They can put the array anywhere on the grid, but the goal is to fill up the grid to get it as full as possible.
- After the player draws the array on the grid, she writes in the number sentence that describes the grid.
- The second player then rolls the dice, draws the number grid and records their number sentence.
- The game ends when both players have rolled the dice and cannot put any more arrays on the grid.
- How close to 100 can you get?
Each child can have their own number grid. Play moves forward to see who can get closest to 100.
- Two dice
- Recording sheet