Watershed Management Group: Hydrate at the Living Lab – Composting Toilets
This course will empower you to save water and put “waste” to productive use. Learn all about the humanure composting process, associated benefits and use, toilet design options, maintenance, and permitting for planning your own composting toilet. We will explore a variety of composting toilet systems, including two site-built design options in use at our Living Lab and Learning Center – a 55-gallon barrel option and a masonry dual-chamber option.
- How different types of site-built and commercial composting toilet systems work
- How to safely operate and maintain a composting toilet
- How to permit a composting toilet in Arizona & guidelines to engage regulators if you live elsewhere
Note: You can also pre-order a composting toilet barrel kit for pick-up from WMG. Click here for details on our Composting Toilet Barrel Kit systems.
Catlow Shipek, WMG Policy and Technical Director and Co-Founder
- Audience: Adult, Teen, STEM Professional
- Genre: Conservation and Sustainability, Engineering
- Type: Presentation