March 6 Free
@ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation: Beginner Mountain Bike Clinic and Ride
If you’re looking to learn new skills, increase your confidence on the bike, or simply enjoy the sport like never before, our MTB 101 class is just for you. This is the perfect introduction that teaches all the basic skills needed to ride in the desert & mountain terrain. Get to know your bike and riding equipment, learn how to balance, shift, and control your speed with proper braking, and familiarize yourself with riding protocol and safety. This introductory 30 min class is also followed by a short 3-4 mile ride to practice what you just learned. A helmet is required for safety reasons and please bring plenty of water, and an extra tube and tools to change a flat tire. If you’re a mountain bike beginner and have never ridden on the desert trails, you don’t want to miss this event! Meet at the San Tan Trail sign at the Main Trailhead.
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation COVID guidelines:
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.
6533 W. Phillips Road
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
(602) 506-2930 ext 7