At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, SciTech Institute teamed up with the Arizona Science Center to host a new online series, STEM Community Lunchtime Conversations. The series is an opportunity for the STEM community to come together virtually to learn and discuss various STEM topics impacting us now and in the future. Each conversation starts with a series of flash presentations from our ecosystem partners. Participants can then engage in Q&A with our speakers and breakout discussions to connect and share with each other. Previous topics include Aviation, STEM over Summer, Exploring Nature, MedTech, and more!
Conversations are hosted on Zoom every other Thursday from noon - 1 p.m.
Want to stay in the loop about upcoming STEM Community Lunchtime Conversations?
Watch our most recent conversations here!
July 22 - Back to School
During this session, presenters share ways that you can engage with STEM on our journey Back to School!
- Beth Maloney, Arts Education Director, Act One
- Hanna Schehr, Field Trip Manager, Act One
- Jolene Bradley, Programming Resources Manager, Maricopa County Library District
- Jennifer Gallagher, Citizen Science, Maricopa Library
- Nikhil Johnson, CSO of the Year, Chief Science Officers Program
- Brian Hoffner, Resource Director of Maricopa County, STEM Pro Live
- Ashbeel Roy, Commercial Operations and Strategy, Ginkgo Bioworks
July 8 - Keeping Cool with STEM
During this session, our presenters share how you can engage with STEM this summer and still beat the heat!
- Janice Klein, Executive Director, Museum Association of Arizona
- Lisa Spahr, Docent, Phoenix Art Museum
- Beth Nickel, Chief Academic Officer, Arizona Science Center
June 24 - Exploring Nature
During this session, our presenters share how the communities, families, teachers, and others can engage in the nature around them!
- Kathy Balman, Professional Development Committee at the Arizona Association for Environmental Education
- Genaro Ruiz, Center Director at Rio Salado Audubon Center
- Claude Haynes, Observatory Manager at the Centennial Gilbert Rotary Observatory, Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch
- Catherine Bartlett, Education Program Manager, Conservation Education & Science Department at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Jennifer Stoddard, Education Supervisor at the Reid Park Zoo
Interested in presenting at a future SCLC?
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!