HandsOn Greater Phoenix VISTA Summer Associates 2016 Summer Associates Service Description
Mesa Public Library
**64 E. First St., PO Box 1466, Mesa AZ 85211-1466 | mesalibrary.org
Position Title: Mesa Public Library VISTA Summer Associate
About Host Site: By providing access and guidance to information, services, and resources, the Mesa Public Library expands minds, empowers individuals, and enriches our diverse community.
About HandsOn Greater Phoenix: HandsOn Greater Phoenix manages a team of VISTA members who dedicate their time to building a better future for the people in the communities they serve. HandsOn Greater Phoenix is offering a unique opportunity to engage K-12 youth in summer learning activities through a Summer Associates service term.
Position Overview: 40 hours/week [5/31/16-7/25/16]
Programming VISTA Summer Associate – The programming VISTA Summer Associate works with librarians to engage K-12 youth in summer learning activities. The Associate would help to create, organize, and implement workshops and programs for K-12 youth. The Associate would also work with teen volunteers to perform other library duties as assigned.
· Follow VISTA program goals
· Participate in HandsOn training
· Work with librarians to create, organize, and implement workshops and programs for K-12 youth
· Assist librarians with K-12 summer reading projects
· Provide additional library support
· Experience leading youth in educational activities
· Ability to work well in diverse teams
· Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
· Strong desire to dedicate 8 weeks full-time to working with youth
· List any desired skills for position here
· U.S. Citizens, nationals or lawful permanent residents and between 18 – 24 years of age
· Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma
In addition to the minimum requirements for the program, this position requires the following:
· Fingerprint clearance and background check, and obtain a Volunteer badge with the City.
Summer Associates receive benefits and support during and after successful completion of summer service. Associates are eligible to receive:
· A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $1,222.22 or a $230 summer end-of service stipend
· On-site orientation and training
· A living allowance of approximately $1,790 (for 56 days) to cover necessities during service
· Involvement in the AmeriCorps VISTA Alumni Network and eCommunity
· Orientation and on-the-job mentoring and training by library staff
Related News Articles
March 23, 2021 12:14 pm
March 15, 2021 8:24 pm
February 20, 2021 10:14 pm