May 14, 2022
at 9:07 am
SciTech Festival STREET Team Member
Position: SciTech Festival STREET Team Member
Reports to: STEM Ecosystem Program Manager
Classification: PART TIME, NON-Exempt
Revision Date: May 2022
The SciTech Festival STREET Team Member is responsible for supporting community and business relationships with the festival program, including management of the volunteers. Key responsibilities will be to grow and retain business and community partnerships that result in impactful engagement with SciTech Festival Signature Events.
- Coordinate volunteers for Festival events;
- Develop engaging experiences at volunteer kits for Festival events;
- Maintain the business and community collaborations and sponsorships of the Arizona SciTech Festival program;
- Foster community engagement opportunities for the community;
- Attend STREET TEAM Trainings and Planning Meetings, key events and other activities;
- Write blog posts and post social media about community and business partners engagement with the Festival;
- One years’ experience building business, community or school relationships; working with volunteers; and at least 6 months of lead or supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think on one’s feet;
- Ability to multitask, work efficiently, independently; forecast proper time to complete assigned tasks and complete tasks by deadline;
- Ability to grow and retain partnerships with diverse organizations in business, community, government and education;
- Strong communication skills in networking, public speaking, making presentations and writing;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position requires active engagement at events throughout the community including set up, standing, and take down that would include standing, squatting, reaching, lifting and bending. Requires ability to receive information through oral communication both in-person and on telephone.
This job does not operate in a professional office environment, rather community event focused environment. The role routinely uses non-standard office equipment such as STEM Kits, canopy, and marketing flags. This position requires attendance at community meetings and events which may occur during regular business hours, evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates – email resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the job qualifications to Dr. Jeremy Babendure at email@example.com.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. The Organization reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.