As you’re making your piece:
- Design it on grid paper or pixel art software (such as https://scitechinstitute.orgwww.pixilart.com/draw).
- How many sticky notes of each color will you need?
- How can you know how much wall/window space you will need to put up your design?
- Or going the other way around: measure the wall/window you want to use and decide how many pixels wide/tall your design can be.
Once you’ve made it:
- Pick one of the colors you used. Your challenge is to cover all the pixels of that color using rectangles. Your score will be the area of all the rectangles used plus the square of the number of rectangles. Try to get the lowest score possible! (See the lesson plans or video below for more details.)