Not sleeping enough turning you into a monster?
Cutting-edge science helps us understand why. And we sort through the fads to find out, what really works to get more ZZZs. We speak with lab coordinator Pam De Young, sleep researcher Dr. Brady Riedner, and circadian scientist Prof. Russell Foster.
Check out the full transcript here: https://scitechinstitute.orgbit.ly/2Ns26Zt
- Consensus on the optimal amount of sleep: https://scitechinstitute.orgbit.ly/2Nu33Rc
- Local sleep review: https://scitechinstitute.orgbit.ly/33rXWGL
- Drunk study: https://scitechinstitute.orgbit.ly/33sN1wo
- Melatonin review: https://scitechinstitute.orgbit.ly/2WXC1EW
- E-reader study: https://scitechinstitute.orgbit.ly/2NU67EY
This episode was produced by Rose Rimler and Lexi Krupp with help from Wendy Zukerman, along with Michelle Dang, Meryl Horn and Kaitlyn Sawrey. We’re edited by Caitlin Kenney. Fact checking by Diane Kelly. Mix and sound design by Peter Leonard. Music written by Peter Leonard, Emma Munger, Bobby Lord, and Bach. Recording assistance from Dave Drexler, Tim Peterson, Zoe Sullivan, and Martin Wiggins. Sonification of EEG data came from Dr. Gerold Baier and Dr. Thomas Hermann. A big thanks to Dr. Amandine Valomon, Prof. James Krueger, Dr. Ari Shechter, Dr. Jade Wu, Dr. Bei Bei, Dr. Connor Sheehan, Dr. Jennifer Ailshire, Dr. Agostinho Rosa, and everyone else we spoke to for this episode, especially our frustrated sleepers. Thanks for calling in! And special thanks to Chuma Ossé, the Zukerman family and Joseph Lavelle Wilson.