We need to ditch fossil fuels.
Can America go 100% renewable by 2050? Does the technology already exist? We speak to Prof. Mark Delucchi, Prof. Christopher Clack, and Prof. David Connolly.
Credits: This episode has been produced by Wendy Zukerman, Heather Rogers and Shruti Ravindran. Production help from Rose Rimler. Our senior producer is Kaitlyn Sawrey. We’re edited this week by Blythe Terrell and Annie-Rose Strasser, with extra help from Rachel Ward. Fact checking by Michelle Harris. Sound design by Martin Peralta. Music written by Bobby Lord. For this episode we also spoke to Professor Vijay Modi, Professor Mark Jacobson, Dr Gorm Bruun Andresen, Professor Willett Kempton, Dr Dylan McConnell, and Dr Jane CS Long. And an extra thanks to the Zukerman family.
- Mark Jacobson and Mark Delucchi paper showing that the US could be run on 100 percent renewable energy.
- Christopher Clack and his team’s paper criticising Mark’s work
- Survey published this year of more than 100 energy experts on the future of renewables.
- National Renewable Energy Lab’s look at Renewable Electricity
- Detailed report on California’s energy future
Check out the full transcript here: http://bit.ly/38ku2a4