OdySea Aquarium: Water World

Water is Earth’s most abundant resource; specifically, water covers 70.9% of the Earth’s surface.

The water on earth is in both fresh and salt water forms; however, 97% of the water is salty, leaving only 3% being fresh water. As you take a journey through a fascinating collection of salt and fresh water creatures, think about how water is used and the importance of water on the planet.



9th-12th grade curricula include both in-class and independent assignments focusing on Water, Rivers of the World and Coral Reefs. Lessons for the classroom include The Water Cycle, The Importance of Rivers and Coral Reef Explorer. The independent assignment to complete at OdySea Aquarium is called Water World. An optional independent project is the Arizona Wetlands Project.

Science Topics
Biology, Ecology, Geology, Zoology
Fish, Turtles & Tortoises
High School, Educator
9th Grade, 10th Grade, 11th Grade, 12th Grade

What are you looking for?


OdySea Aquarium

Website URL

Type of Resource

Activity Sheet
Field Trip Opportunity
PDF File

Assigned Categories