Students will use Code Builder to create scaled buildings and determine area and volume.
Students will demonstrate their understanding of block fill commands by creating multiple polygons of various scaled sizes. They will create a 150% scaled reproduction of the model and a 50% scaled reproduction. They will accurately calculate the volume of each building. They will accurately calculate the area upon which the collection of buildings sits. As an extension, the teacher may challenge students to calculate the entire building zone (80 x 40, surrounded by a border of water) and then determine the amount of area not covered by grass blocks. Students should be able to answer the following questions:
- How is a blocks fill command useful?
- What are the volumes of each 150% scaled building compared to the model buildings?
- What are the volumes of each 50% scaled building compared to the model buildings?
- How large is each build area?
- Predict the size of a 200% scaled model.
Learn to teach with Minecraft, find activities to engage your students across subjects and join our global community. Whether you are new to Minecraft or looking to improve your skills, these training materials will help.