Join Malala Yousafzai to learn all about her passion and quest to change the accessibility of education to girls all across the world.
HEROIC CONTEXT: Students will research the different regions that the Malala Fund works directly in and understand how this work lowers barriers that exist in girls’ education.
HISTORICAL CONTEXT: Students will develop an analytical understanding of the education movement for girls and women.
HISTORICAL/POLITICAL AWARENESS: Students will develop a better understanding of how challenging the norms can lead to change so girls are able to receive an education.
SOCIAL MOVEMENT: Students will develop a better understanding of how they can support girls’ education and become advocates for the education movement for girls and women.
At the end of this lesson:
- Students will understand their role as activists in matters of social justice.
- Students will understand the importance of equitable education for all.
- Students will understand the effects not having access to education has on a community and the world as a whole.
- Students will understand how girls having access to education can change their future.
- Students will understand the inequality of access to education around the world.
Learn to teach with Minecraft, find activities to engage your students across subjects and join our global community. Whether you are new to Minecraft or looking to improve your skills, these training materials will help.