Explore biodiversity processes around the world.
Explore the lab to learn core concepts of biodiversity then apply your knowledge to reveal the processes behind the five threatened species biomes.
This lesson will enable students to:
- Demonstrate an appetite for understanding biodiversity and endangered species
- Pay attention to detail when exploring a blend of information sources: text, video, NPCs, in-game species, biomes and displays
- Appreciate the balance of biodiversity and the role that humans and they as individuals play
- Use critical thinking to explore different themes across the labs and biomes and apply to their chosen biome, to complete the provided worksheet (see external resources) including:
- Name of the keystone species
- Habitat description
- Food chain/web and labelled trophic diagram
- Ecological niche
- Species adaptations
- Benefits of the species and the biome
- World biome map with each lab biome and your local biome located
- Create a description of how your local ecosystem works
- Understand how biodiversity processes and relationship work on a global scale and an ability to apply these concepts to themselves and their local environment.
Learn to teach with Minecraft, find activities to engage your students across subjects and join our global community. Whether you are new to Minecraft or looking to improve your skills, these training materials will help.