Students will explore sustainable food production.
Students will… Begin at a grocery store where farm products are bought and sold. Explore a sustainable farm and learn about soil conservation, crop rotation, and water pollution. Visit a waste facility and learn how fertile soil is created from waste products. Walk through a recycling facility and learn how old packaging is recycled into new packaging. Visit the shop where the farm products are being packaged and sold back to the grocery store.
Students will be able to…
- Explain the roles of producers and consumers (PE1).
- Define the term sustainable and explain its importance (PE2).
- Understand how food gets from the farm to the grocery store (PE3).
- Consider the importance of what they are purchasing from local stores (PE4).
- Promote sustainable lifestyles in regard to food production and consumption (PE5).
Learn to teach with Minecraft, find activities to engage your students across subjects and join our global community. Whether you are new to Minecraft or looking to improve your skills, these training materials will help.