Today we travel to a future where we can travel through time.
Is it possible? Would you kill Hitler? Would it matter?
- Annalee Newitz, science journalist and author of The Future of Another Timeline
- Bryan Méndez, astronomer at UC Berkeley
- Donna Rose Addis, psychologist at the University of Toronto
- ‘The Future of Another Timeline’ pulses with a daring punk-rock, time-travel tale
- There’s No Time Like Yesterday
- Time Travel: Theories, Paradoxes & Possibilities
- Five ways to travel through time
- We Can’t Alter The Flow of Time But, According to Physics, We Can Bend It
- Carl Sagan Ponders Time Travel
- Wormhole Construction: Proceed with Caution
- What makes mental time travel possible?
- Mental time travel and shaping of the human mind
- Age-related changes in the episodic simulation of future events
- Specificity of future thinking in depression: A meta-analysis
- Tamara Krinsky as Dr. Catherine Moore (watch her show Tomorrow’s World Today now!)
- Molly Woodstock as Dr. Brownlow (listen to their podcast Gender Reveal now!)
- Jim Westrich as Dr. West
If you want to suggest a future we should take on, send us a note on Twitter, Facebook or by email at email@example.com. We love hearing your ideas! And if you think you’ve spotted one of the little references I’ve hidden in the episode, email us there too. If you’re right, I’ll send you something cool.
And if you want to support the show, there are a few ways you can do that too! Head to www.flashforwardpod.com/support for more about how to give. But if that’s not in the cards for you, you can head to iTunes and leave us a nice review or just tell your friends about us. Those things really do help.
That’s all for this future, come back next time and we’ll travel to a new one.
Flash Forward is a critically acclaimed podcast about the future.
In each episode, host Rose Eveleth takes on a possible (or not so possible) future scenario — everything from the existence of artificial wombs, to what would happen if space pirates dragged a second moon to Earth. What would the warranty on a sex robot look like? How would diplomacy work if we couldn’t lie? Could there ever be a black market for fecal transplants? (Complicated, it wouldn’t, and yes, respectively, in case you’re curious.) By combining audio drama and deep reporting, Flash Forward gives listeners an original and unique window into the future, how likely different scenarios might be, and how to prepare for what might come.