In this future there are no more human police officers. Is that even possible?
The future of policing is a really really complicated topic. And it’s also, and this might be the understatement of the year, a controversial one. On this episode we’re not going to try and give you a full picture of what the future of policing might be. That would take hours. Instead, we’re going to focus on two really specific pieces of this topic.
First we talk to Madeline Ashby, futurist and science fiction writer, about robots, and what it might be like if we replaced human law enforcement with robotic law enforcement. Then, we talk to historian and writer Walidah Imarisha, about a future with no cops at all. We also hear from Doug Wyllie, the Editor at Large for PoliceOne, who, perhaps unsurprisingly, doesn’t like either proposal.
- Disrupt Tha Police by Madeline Ashby
- Bomb Robots: What Makes Killing In Dallas Different And What Happens Next?
- Robocop Delivers Pizza, Prevents Suicide
- 11 Police Robots Patrolling Around the World
- Machine Bias
- Hard Truths: Law Enforcement and Race
- Angels with Dirty Faces
- Wrestling With Angels: Walidah Imarisha on Harm and Accountability
- Audre Lord Safe Outside the System Collective
Full transcript available in site.