Driving your vehicle releases greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and contributes to climate change—but you can take simple, easy steps to cut your emissions, reduce our nation’s dependence on oil, and save money.
Are you leaving MONEY on the table?
- 25 MPG: $500
- 30 MPG: $900
- 35 MPG: $1,100
- 40 MPG: $1,300
- 45 MPG: $1,500
50 MPG: $1,600
What if you switched from 25 MPG to 50 MPG?
- Each day—You save enough for 1 latte or 2 slices of pizza.
- In 1 Year—You save enough for 25 trips to the movies with a friend AND a new computer!
- Over 5 Years—You save over $5000 to use for whatever you like!
You’ll also reduce your gasoline use.
Switching from a 25 to 50 MPG car, you’ll use ½ as much gas each year:
- 25 MPG: 600 gallons
- 50 MPG: 300 gallons
Over 5 years, you’ll save 100 trips to the gas station.
- Gasoline: $3.50/gal
- Annual miles: 15,000
- Gasoline tank: 15 gallons
- Movie ticket: $9.00
- Latte: $2.75
- Pizza Slice: $1.40
- Laptop: $500
- Consider a SmartWay Vehicle
- Discover Fuel-Saving Tips
- Learn About Miles Per Gallon (MPG) Math
- Learn About the Label
- Promote Green Vehicles
- Your Mileage May Vary