California Academy of Sciences: How Much Water Do You Eat?

One of the things necessary for survival is water.

It turns out that of all the water in the world, 97% is salty ocean water. That leaves only 3% for freshwater, which is not only used for drinking but also showering, cleaning, watering lawns, growing crop plants and producing food. How much freshwater was used to produce your meal today?

Attached Files

Science Topics
Conservation & Sustainability, Food Science, Hydrology
K-6, Middle School, High School, Educator
3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, 9th Grade, 10th Grade, 11th Grade, 12th Grade

What are you looking for?


California Academy of Sciences

Website URL

Type of Resource

Activity Sheet
Lesson Plan
PDF File

Assigned Categories