Tucson Botanical Gardens: Watercolor Succulent Wreath Postcard
In this holiday fun workshop we will be creating a succulent wreath in watercolor.
We will explore succulents through a unique medium that has been used in botanical art and illustration for centuries but with a fun twist in creating a little something to send off as snail mail!
- Basics in color application with watercolor
- Discover organic shapes and line contour
- Shadows, Highlights & gradients.
- Positive and Negative space
- Round Brushes (at least one small and one medium.)
- 140lb watercolor paper Hot or Cold Press (for post card cut to 4”x5” to mail)
- Photo of succulents (A few photos will be sent out the week of class)
- Pens (Optional – if you’d like to outline your watercolor in pen)
Art materials are not included in price of this class. Please provide your own materials.
Online class participants will receive a Zoom link for the live class two hours before the class begins.
All online classes are recorded and participants receive a video replay that is available for two weeks after the date of the class.
20% TBG Member discount
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Class availability limitations: None
- Audience: Adult
- Genre: Arts, Culture & Social Science, Field Sciences
- Type: Online, Workshop