Tucson Botanical Gardens: Botanical Art with Ink – Desert Penstemon Blooms
This class is a great introduction to pen & ink techniques using botany as our main subject.
The specific theme for this class: Desert Penstemon Blooms. The tools and techniques shared in this workshop will be beneficial to creating beautiful florals from the desert penstemon plant while we brush up on our drawing skills. This workshop is a prefect pre-requisite, but not required, to our April watercolor class.
- Line weights/widths
- Variety of Pen Strokes
- Line contour/Line Control/Hand & Eye Coordination
This class is virtual via ZOOM.
Art materials are not included in the price of this class. Please provide your own materials.
- 2H or 2B pencil, eraser (Streader), kneaded eraser & ruler
- Pens (Copic Multi-liners or Micron) #.1, .3, & .5
- 9”x12” Paper (Illustration board, mixed media paper, or any kind of heavy weight paper for drawing)
- Photo of Desert Penstemon Blooms (A few photos will be sent out with the Zoom link email before class)
- Audience: Adult
- Genre: Arts, Culture & Social Science, Field Sciences
- Type: Online, Workshop