Are you ready to code that the next level?
Join MACH1 and CodePHX for this 8-week program that introduces Python for ages 9-14. You’ll learn basic coding concepts and use those tools to create mods in Minecraft. We’ll compare Block and Python code, as well as cover programming fundamentals such as objects and classes, variables, events, loops, and logic.
- After registering you will receive a survey with additional questions by email. Your registration is not complete until you complete the survey.
- This is a beginner level class for children between the ages 9-14; no prior coding experience is necessary.
- This virtual program uses Minecraft for Windows 10, participants will need a Windows 10 computer in order to run Minecraft. Please review the recommended computer requirements to ensure that your PC will be able to run Minecraft and Code Connection.
- This program is an eight week series. By registering you are agreeing to attend all eight weeks.
- 01/20/2022, 01/27/2022, 02/03/2022, 02/10/2022, 02/17/2022, 02/24/2022, 03/03/2022, 03/10/2022
- We have a limited number of Minecraft licenses for students that do not already have Minecraft.
- We are only accepting families who have NOT taken the course already.
PARENTS: Modding in Minecraft is a step up from normal play and allows students to customize the game by adding new elements. Your child will design unique mods based on preexisting game interactions by using their in-game knowledge to their advantage. Creating and implementing a mod successfully is a highly creative process and requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
#MACH1 #CodePHX #Python #Minecraft