Phoenix Herpetological Society: Little Keepers Camp
Inspired by our awesome summer camp curricula & designed to give budding young herpetologists a chance to learn about reptiles & PHS while on Fall Breaks from school, PHS now offers full day camps (ages 9-12) and 1/2 day camps(ages 6-8 or 9-12)!!
1/2 DAY CAMP: focuses on helping take care of the animals by changing water, feeding, giving baths etc. There’s lots of interaction time in the “Keepers” program but the “Keepers” are not participating in crafts/games like in the day camps.
Little Keepers (ages 6 – 8)
Jr. Keepers (ages 9 – 12)
- Hours are 9am to 12pm
- There is NO before or after care
- Cost is $50 per day, with a $10 discount on multiple days.
- NO Lunch needed. PHS will provide water as well as morning snacks.
- Each day camp has a minimum requirement of 5 participants and maximum of 10 participants.
With questions, email the Director of Outreach, Katelyn Garcia, at Katelyn@phoenixherp.com
• Temperature checks at the gate. Campers will not be allowed to attend camp if they are showing any symptoms of illness
• Students will maintain social distancing in the classroom by sitting at least once chair away from each other and all facing the same direction
• Use of a face mask will be required by the campers, counselors and CITs (and volunteers) while they are inside.
** Please bring a mask with you each day. We will have some available for purchase if needed.
- Audience: Youth
- Genre: Field Sciences
- Type: Camp