Phoenix Herpetelogical Sanctuary: Neonate Reptile Encounters (Ages 5 – 7)
May 29 – June 2
The best way to learn about the animals is from the animals themselves!
Each day includes activities that are STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math) oriented, but these academic components are hidden within animal interactions, activities, games, and helping care for the animals. Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance to us, which is why we only handle proven education animals and our counselors have received advanced training on all of these animals. We utilize observations of animals that cannot be handled so that the learning can continue even if the touching cannot. All camps are designed to be age appropriate so the Advanced Campers would be learning much more in depth and complicated information about the animals than an 8 year old would. Our counselors are trained to teach to various age ranges and excel at helping children learn in many ways.
Monday: Native Reptiles
Price: $200 for Neonate
Your registration for a week-long camp will include:
- 1 Camp T-shirt with camper name, per week (More available to purchase if needed)
- Photos from each day of camp. Emailed 1-2 weeks after the camp has ended in a Google Drive Folder available for about a year
- Camp Gift per week (TBD but in the past we have had draw-string bags, Folders etc)
- 2 snacks per day (1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon) & Unlimited water
- Week of memories that will never be forgotten!! 😉
Dissections: NO (Possibly in Advanced Camp if they vote to do so)
Interactions: YES with nonvenomous animals, this is an essential part of our camp
We recommend this for any child who has never attended our summer camps before.
- Audience: Youth
- Genre: Field Sciences
- Type: Camp 2023