Maricopa County Parks and Recreation: Guided Bird Walk
Join Ranger Eric for a guided bird walk to look and listen for resident and migrant species within the diverse desert riparian habitat of the Hassayampa River Preserve. Along the way we will discuss how to identify birds by sight and sound, and about the behavioral and ecological traits that make them unique. Some binoculars are available to borrow.
To register, please call the Visitor Center at 928-684-2772.
- Sign-up is required for all programs unless otherwise noted, and capacity for each program is limited to 10 people. Please call the Visitor Center at 928-684-2772 to register for programs. If you find you cannot attend a program you have registered for, please call the Visitor Center ASAP so we may contact those on the waiting list.
- NEW: To improve fairness for all interested in the limited spaces for our programs, each party/household may not sign up for more than 1 of the same type of program per month (i.e. you can sign up for a bird and a night walk, but not 2 bird walks or 2 night walks per month), and each party/household will only be allowed up to 5 spaces per program.
- Programs are all ages, but might not be suitable for toddlers or young children. Most guided programs involve at least 0.5-1 mile of walking on mostly flat, but sometimes uneven ground.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, masks are currently required indoors, but not outside on trails as long as physical distancing of at least 6 feet is practiced.
Free with Park Entrance Fee
- Audience: Youth, Teen, Adult
- Genre: Field Sciences
- Type: Workshop