Maricopa County Parks and Recreation: Butterfly Basics with the Ranger
Meet the Ranger at the Nature Center to learn about these important pollinators!
We’ll explore the “Pollinator Garden” and surrounding areas to find a variety of butterflies and other pollinators. No pets, please. Bring plenty of water. Wear sturdy shoes.
- Program Info. Pre-registration is required for all programs. All programs are limited to 10 participants, no pets. To register, call Cave Creek Regional Park at (623) 465-0434. Meet at the fire pit behind the nature center.
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains. Changes and cancellations do happen on occasion due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the Ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.
Free with Park Entrance Fee
- Audience: All Ages/Family
- Genre: Field Sciences
- Type: Workshop