Embry – Riddle Aeronautical University: Take Flight Summer Day Camp – Juliet
“Take Flight” is a four-day immersive discovery flight “team experience” for a parent (or guardian) and their student.
Parent/guardian participation in all camp activities (including flight) is mandatory for minors to participate.
Designed to provide introductory flight training, the program is presented in three components across four days: Live flight training in beautiful north central Arizona; Aviation related knowledge topics (Weather, Air Traffic Management, Safety Analysis, Night Operations, Cross Country Operations) presented in an easy to understand format; and simulated flight in a synthetic reality environment.
The team of one parent (or guardian) and child will enjoy dedicated one on one instruction in our Cessna 172 aircraft. These “SkyHawks” are all equipped with the latest in advanced avionics (Garmin G1000 System). In addition, each team will also get to try their hand at flying our twin engine DA42 FRASCA Simulator. Your experience will be facilitated by a member of instructor team at every point to ensure a safe and exciting time in the air and ground.
The complete program includes:
(Student flies 100% of time – no sharing flight time)
- 8 hours of hands-on flight time in our C-172S consisting of three flights — one day local orientation flight, a cross country flight to a destination airport, and one night flight to greater Phoenix area!
- 6 hours of ground instruction by an FAA Certified Flight Instructor in preparation and debrief for your fight time
- 8 hours of group education in aviation related topics
- 1 hour of flight in FRASCA DA42 “TwinStar” Flight Simulator
- Logbook certifying flight instruction that can used toward your aviation career goals
- Introduction to “college life” thru tours and meals at our collegiate dining facilities (three lunches and one dinner included)
- Per TSA guidelines, US citizenship is required for a student to participate in this flight training course.
Ages: 9-17 years old. Children must be 9 Years old by May 1, 2022.
Weight: Maximum combined weight of participants cannot exceed 350 lbs.
Refunds: Flight activities cancelled due to weather/aircraft mechanical issues will be refunded at a rate of $50 per flight hour per team.
Session times & dates
Days 1 & 2: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Day 3: 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m. (lunch not provided)
Day 4: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (Includes graduation lunch)
Note: Parents are responsible for overnight accommodations and meals when program is not in session.
- Audience: Teen, Youth
- Genre: Engineering, Technology & Computer Science
- Type: Camp