Embry – Riddle Aeronautical University: Bravo TAKE FLIGHT Summer Overnight Camp
“Take Flight” is a four-day immersive discovery flight “team experience” for a parent (or guardian) and their student.
Parent/guardian participation in all camp activities (including flight) is mandatory for minors to participate.
Designed to provide introductory flight training, the program is presented in three components across four days: Live flight training in beautiful north central Arizona; Aviation related knowledge topics (Weather, Air Traffic Management, Safety Analysis, Night Operations, Cross Country Operations) presented in an easy-to-understand format; and simulated flight in a synthetic reality environment.
The team of one parent (or guardian) and child will enjoy dedicated one on one instruction in our Cessna 172 aircraft. These “SkyHawks” are all equipped with the latest in advanced avionics (Garmin G1000 System). In addition, each team will also get to try their hand at flying our twin engine DA42 FRASCA Simulator. Your experience will be facilitated by a member of the instructor team at every point to ensure a safe and exciting time in the air and ground.
The complete program includes:
(Student flies 100% of time – no sharing flight time)
- 8 hours of hands-on flight time in our C-172S consisting of three flights — one day local orientation flight, a cross country flight to a destination airport, and one night flight to greater Phoenix area!
- 6 hours of ground instruction by an FAA Certified Flight Instructor in preparation and debrief for your fight time
- 8 hours of group education in aviation related topics
- 1 hour of flight in FRASCA DA42 “TwinStar” Flight Simulator
- Logbook certifying flight instruction that can be used toward your aviation career goals
- Introduction to “college life” through tours and meals at our collegiate dining facilities (three lunches and one dinner included)
- Per TSA guidelines, US citizenship is required for a student to participate in this flight training course.
Weight: Maximum combined weight of participants cannot exceed 350 lbs.
Refunds: Flight activities cancelled due to weather/aircraft mechanical issues will be refunded at a rate of $50 per flight hour per team.
For: 9-17 years old. Children must be 9 Years old by May 1, 2023.
Session dates: June 12 – June 15
Location: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Prescott, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, AZ 86301
Summer Overnight Camps
Live on campus like Embry-Riddle students and explore career possibilities in flight, mechanical engineering, global security, or what it is like to be a NASA astronaut.
Embry-Riddle’s overnight summer programs at the Daytona Beach Campus and Prescott Campus introduce the technology of today to the aviators, engineers, and astronauts of tomorrow.
Students live in on-campus dormitories — under the supervision of approved counselors — and share their initial experience of University living with other young people near their age.
- Audience: Teen, Youth
- Genre: Chemistry & Physics, Engineering, Technology & Computer Science
- Type: Camp 2023