Embry – Riddle Aeronautical University: Bravo FLIGHT EXPLORATION Summer Overnight Camp
“Flight Exploration” is a five-day immersive introduction to an aviation career.
Designed to provide hands-on experience in flight training, the program is presented in three components across five days: Live flight training in beautiful north central Arizona; Aviation related knowledge topics (Weather, Air Traffic Management, Safety Analysis, Night Operations, Cross Country Operations) presented in an easy-to-understand format; and Instructor-led training in a state-of-the-art flight simulator. Students will be paired for flights in our Cessna 172 aircraft. These “SkyHawks” are all equipped with the latest in advanced avionics (Garmin G1000 System). In addition, each student will also get to try their hand at flying our twin engine DA42 FRASCA Simulator. Our professional collegiate flight training staff will ensure a safe and exciting time in the air and on the ground. At the conclusion of this program, students will leave with an understanding of flight training and collegiate life in pursuit of an aviation career.
The complete program includes:
• 4.5 hours of hands-on flight time in our C-172S consisting of three flights — one day local orientation flight, a cross country flight to a destination airport, and one night flight to greater Phoenix area!
• 6 hours of ground instruction by an FAA Certified Flight Instructor in preparation and debrief for flights
• 8 hours of group education in aviation-related topics
• 30 minutes of flight in a FRASCA DA42 “TwinStar” Flight Simulator
• Logbook certifying flight instruction that can be used toward your aviation career goals
• Introduction to “college life” through tours, meals (3 daily meals included), and campus activities at our collegiate facilities.
• Students will be flying during day and evening hours and are required to wear closed-toed shoes, long pants, and socks covering the ankles during their flight times.
• We will host a graduation lunch on the last day of the program, which parents/families are welcome and encouraged to attend.
• Flight hours and locations are not guaranteed due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather. In the event of a cancelled flight, we will do our best to modify the remaining flights and adjust the schedule to accommodate the previously scheduled flight time.
• The University follows TSA regulations. International students will be able to participate in flying our aircraft but will not be able to log their hours.
For: Students age 14 -18 who are interested in flight
Dates: June 04 – June 09
Check-in is on Sunday – Classes begin Monday morning at 8:00AM
Location: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Prescott, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, AZ 86301
Summer Overnight Camps
Live on campus like Embry-Riddle students and explore career possibilities in flight, mechanical engineering, global security, or what it is like to be a NASA astronaut.
Embry-Riddle’s overnight summer programs at the Daytona Beach Campus and Prescott Campus introduce the technology of today to the aviators, engineers, and astronauts of tomorrow.
Students live in on-campus dormitories — under the supervision of approved counselors — and share their initial experience of University living with other young people near their age.
- Audience: Teen
- Genre: Chemistry & Physics, Engineering, Technology & Computer Science
- Type: Camp 2023