- This event has passed.
February 24 $30
@ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Tucson Botanical Gardens: Botanical Art in Watercolor – Prickly Pear Blossoms
This class is a great introduction to watercolor techniques for botanical art.
We will explore Prickly Pear Blossoms through a unique medium that has been used in botanical art and illustration for centuries.
- Basics in color application with watercolor
- Discover organic shapes and line contour
- Shadows, Highlights & gradients.
- Positive and Negative space
- Round Brushes (at least one small and one medium.)
- Watercolor paper (90lb-140lb hot or cold press)
- Photo of flora or reference of plant life (A few photos will be sent out the week of class)
Art materials are not included in price of this class. Please provide your own materials.
Online class participants will receive a Zoom link for the live class two hours before the class begins.
All online classes are recorded and participants receive a video replay that is available for two weeks after the date of the class.
20% TBG Member discount
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.