- This event has passed.
February 24 Free
@ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Pima County Public Library: Let’s Zoom!
Learn to use Zoom for online meetings and classes
Zoom is a free service that lets you meet with people virtually using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. People use Zoom to maintain social connections, attend conferences, interview for jobs, and take online classes.
Join us to learn about Zoom in this online session. During this class you will learn to attend a meeting on Zoom using sound (headphones are encouraged, but not required) and video.
We will also show you how to use a background, ask a question, share the screen, use the whiteboard, and present a document.
At the end of this session, we hope you are comfortable using Zoom!
Register here online, and you will receive an email invite to Let’s Zoom 5 to 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the session. The workshop will last for 60 minutes.
- smart phone, tablet or computer
- unlimited data or Wi-Fi connection to the internet
- an active email address you can easily access
- the Zoom app
- notebook and pen
All sessions will occur using Zoom.
The Library takes your privacy seriously. You are not required to turn on video for these sessions, and you do not have to use your real name.
To change your display name in Zoom:
- Open the Zoom app and click on Settings in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Click on “Profile” and then “Display Name”
- Enter your desired new name in the two text fields that appear and tap “ok”
Vulgar or offensive names will cause you to be removed from the session.