March 2 Free
@ 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Pima County Public Library: GED Prep – Zoom Practice Session
Interested in working toward your GED but not sure about Zoom and how it works?
Join our GED instructors online to play with Zoom and get comfortable with the technology. You don’t have to be a new GED student either. Any time you need a refresher, or have a Zoom specific question drop in and we’ll make sure you’re ready for our regular GED Virtual Classroom.
Participants should be 16+.
Register here online. You must have access to your email to receive the link to the class. We will make every effort to send you the link shortly after your registration, and again 5 to 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the session.
- smart phone, tablet or computer
- unlimited data or wi-fi connection to the internet
- an active email address you can easily access
- the Zoom app
- notebook and something with which to write
All sessions will occur using Zoom.
The Library takes your privacy seriously. You are not required to turn on video for these sessions, and you do not have to use your real name.
How to change your display name in Zoom:
- Open the Zoom app and click on Settings in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click on “Profile” and then “Display Name”
- Enter your desired new name in the two text fields that appear and tap “ok.”
Vulgar or offensive names will cause you to be removed from the session.