March 2 Free
@ 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Pima County Public Library: GED Prep – Science Virtual Classroom
Join our GED instructors online for guided GED Social Studies & Science instruction.
This class will devote the first half-hour to Social Studies and the second half to Science. If you only need one of those classes, please feel free to come in or drop off at the appropriate time.
Instruction can include online assignments, traditional lectures, and interactive practice. Both the Science and Social Studies tests rely heavily on reading comprehension and we would encourage you to spend time with the RLA instructors to increase those skills. The Science test will also test your math knowledge.
Registration for our virtual classes will open one week before each class.
Participants should be 16+.
Register here online, and you will receive an email invite to the GED Prep: Science Virtual Classroom between 5 and 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the session. Waitlisted students will be invited as space is available.
This session will be held on Zoom.
- smart phone, tablet or computer
- unlimited data or wi-fi connection to the internet
- an active email address you can easily access
- the Zoom app
- notebook and something with which to write
- completed homework from the previous session (if applicable)
About using Zoom
The Library takes your privacy seriously. You are not required to turn on video for this workshop, and you do not have to use your real name. If you want to change your name, enter the name you want to use in the two fields that appear when you join the meeting. If you enter a vulgar or offensive name, we will remove you from the workshop.
How to change your display name in Zoom:
- Open the Zoom app and click on Settings in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click on “Profile” and then “Display Name”
- Enter your desired new name in the two text fields that appear and tap “ok.”
Vulgar or offensive names will cause you to be removed from the session.