March 7 Free
@ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation: Desert Walk & Talk
This is an outdoor guided walk. Registration required. Join the ranger on a one-mile walk on moderate terrain to learn about our fascinating Sonoran Desert. There will be several stopping points along the way to identify and talk about various plants and their adaptations that allow them to survive in our dry environment. We will also talk about the animals that make their home in our park, some of which we may see during the walk. Wear closed-toe shoes and bring water and a hat. Meet at the main entrance trailhead. Maximum 10 participants. Pre-registration required by calling the park office at 602-506-2930 x7 for San Tan.
Maricopa County Parks and Recreation COVID guidelines:
- Know before you go. Check the website or call ahead to ensure the program has not been canceled. Be prepared for limited access to facilities and water fountains.
- Bring a mask. Although this is an outdoor program, frequent stops may be made so the ranger can explain or highlight items along the trail(s). Masks will be required during these stops. Masks are also required in restrooms and the nature center.
- Physical distancing. Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six (6) feet from others at all times. Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence as you pass.
- Personal hygiene. Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Other. Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you sneeze while recreating on a trail, please sneeze into your elbow to avoid the spread of germs.
(Registration required. Limit 10 participants)
6533 W. Phillips Road
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
(602) 506-2930 ext 7