July 27 $260 – $295
@ 9:00 am - July 31
@ 4:00 pm
Camp Innovation: Amusement Park Camp (Grades 1 – 6)
Design a rollercoaster and become an amusement park engineer.
Campers examine the physics of carnival rides and create your own game for the Midway – it’s science for the carnival crowd.
Limited in-person camp.
Also available as a Virtual Camp!
Fees: $260 Members | $295 Non-members
It’s been a challenging couple of months. We hear you and are here to help. Guided by the recommendations from the American Camp Association, as well as state, city, and county public health officials, Arizona Science Center is offering a modified version of our traditional summer camps. We look forward to welcoming you back with our two NEW camp options: virtual and limited in-person.
Our virtual camps deliver the same interactive experience in a new format and include:
- 90-minute Zoom Call with one-on-one instruction from our camp staff that includes game and movement breaks, conversation with other campers, and an off-screen activity to do each day.
- Additional resources will also be provided virtually for at home self-guided extension activities.
- Each camp day also includes an optional 12:30 p.m. Facebook Live event that corresponds to the weekly theme.
- End each camp day with an optional Family Zoom Call from 5:00 p.m.-–5:30 p.m. that allows campers the opportunity to show off their work, ask questions, and connect with other campers and staff.
For our limited in-person camps, Arizona Science Center will enforce strict health and safety guidelines for all camps and team members.
- We have conducted a deep cleaning of the Science Center since our closure in March.
- We limit the number of campers who can participate in each session.
- We will follow physical distancing guidelines with camper seating spaced at least six feet apart.
- Larger classrooms will be used as much as possible.
- We will limit sharing of materials.
- All Science Center team members will wear masks/face coverings.
- Campers over the age of 10 will also wear mask/face coverings.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged, and we will have hand sanitizer available.
- We will stagger drop-off and pick-up to reduce interaction between families.
- We will check camper temperatures.
- Early drop off and late pick up will be available from 8:00 a.m.– 5:30 p.m.
- We will clearly communicate that if people are not feeling well, are running a fever, or are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, they should stay home.
Both camp offerings will tap into your camper’s natural curiosity, giving them the opportunity to become innovators through teamwork and hands-on creative problem-solving. Themes include Surviving in Space, Secret Agent Camp and more.
Registration for Members begins on May 15 at 12 p.m. Non-Member registration begins May 19.