Century Link Teachers and Technology Grant Program is Open!
The CenturyLink Teachers and Technology Grant Program is open to PreK-12 public and private school teachers in CenturyLink’s residential service areas. It is designed to help teachers innovatively implement technology in their classrooms to increase student achievement.
- Maximum request is $5,000.
- Schools do not have to be a CenturyLink customer to apply, but must be located in a CenturyLink service area where CenturyLink provides residential phone service.
- Applications are accepted until January 12, 2020.
All applicants will be notified of their application status by May 15, 2020.
Need ideas? download a list of recipients and project names at the website. For example:
* Applying Physics to environmental science: Reducing the School’s Carbon Footprint.
* Chromebooks to Create 21st Century Collaborators.
* LabQuests for Science.
* STEM and Data Collection Technology
* Creating Thinkers and Doers
* Show me the Model!
Two years ago, Arizona had 27 awardees. Last year, only 14.
Previous high school winners in Arizona include these:
* Cheryl Fiedler at Sunrise Mountain HS won $5000 last year for “Bridging the Chemistry Technology Gap with Laptops”.
Two years ago:
* Gilbert HS won $2640 for “Making Waves in Physics to Study Propagation of Waves”.
* Thunderbird Adventist Academy won $5000 for “Physics in the Making with Fun Mechanics”.
* Prescott HS won $5000 for “3D Printers for New Engineering Course”.
Sample proposals are at the ASU modeling legacy website, at this URL:
http://modeling.asu.edu/Projects-Resources.html . — Jane J