May 16, 2022
at 6:08 pm
STEM Ecosystem Hub Coordinator – Yavapai
POSITION: STEM ECOSYSTEMS HUB COORDINATOR – Yavapai
REPORTS TO: STEM ECOSYSTEMS PROGRAM MANAGER
REVISION DATE: APRIL 2022
The STEM Ecosystems Hub Coordinator oversees events and activities of Arizona’s STEM Ecosystem in a specific geographical areas of Arizona. This position also oversees events and activities of Arizona’s STEM Ecosystem and related programs. The Hub Coordinator fosters current and new relationships, cultivates new program participants and brings organizations together with a focus on long-term, shared, sustainable, and flexible STEM missions that bridge, integrate, and strengthen the learning opportunities offered by organizations across sectors. This employee oversees the integration of resources and SciTech Institute Programs in their specific geographical area, to include but not limited to the Arizona SciTech Festival, Arizona Workforce Working Group, Arizona Hubs Advancing Computer Science and Arizona Chief Science Officers, and AZ STEM Schools Community of Practice. This position will manage and monitor system requirements along with gathering feedback for research and evaluation measures to ensure all programs meet established requirements and grant deliverables.
• Provide support to communities to design, cultivate, and implement formal and informal STEM learning via Arizona SciTech programs.
o Arizona SciTech Festival
Brainstorm, plan and attend events and activities surrounding the annual Arizona SciTech Festival;
o Arizona Workforce Working Group
Attend monthly meetings and share resources;
o Arizona Hubs Advancing Computer Science
Outreach and networking support for schools engaged in the AZHACS project;
o Arizona Chief Science Officer
Attend and host training for 6-12th grade students selected to serve as CSOs.
Host events and interactions or support at schools/community;
o Arizona STEM Ecosystem Hub
Document performance, demographics, and impact quarterly.
• Co-plan and support statewide STEM Ecosystem events
o Annual STEM & Innovation Summit – September
o Annual Thank You Event – May/June
o Online events
STEM Community Lunchtime Conversations
STEM Unplugged Podcast
Monthly themed STEM panels & Digital STEM Career Days
• Support opportunities to engage in community settings such as conferences, keynotes, workshops, company tours, advisory boards and more;
• Coordinate and submit content for website updates, event schedules, resources, blog and social media posts for Ecosystem;
• Plan and lead Ecosystem Hub meetings, training events and other meetings as needed.
• Assist in the strategic development of SciTech programs and activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 2+ years’ experience in community engagement
• Demonstrated proficiency in partnership development
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Balance multiple tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to mentorship of students and/or community professionals
• Strong communication skills including speaking, writing, networking and public speaking
• Ability to organize workflow, forecast time to complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think on one’s feet
• Demonstrated knowledge of budget management methods and techniques
• Ability to plan small to large scale events
• Established network of Arizona businesses, community and government organizations preferred
• Experience in analysis of program and event effectiveness
• Ability to build and maintain partnerships with diverse organizations in business, community, government and education
• Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices
• Demonstrated social media experience including blog posts and the use of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position requires sitting for extended periods of time. Occasionally requires standing, squatting, reaching and bending. Requires ability to receive information through oral communication both in-person and on telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork. Ability to travel throughout Arizona and work flexible hours to meet the needs of the program.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as assigned computer, phone, copier and file cabinet. Periodic travel within Arizona and two national conferences each year.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. The Organization reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Interested candidates – email resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the job qualifications to Dr. Jeremy Babendure at email@example.com.