2017 Session: “Creating an Effective Program of Study and the Impact on Workforce Development”
July 21, 2017 2:16 pm
Track: STEM Instruction
This will be a panel discussion consisting of PLTW Teachers, PLTW students, business/industry partners, PLTW Administrators, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and a cybersecurity expert. We will discuss how to build a Program of Study(Pathway), the importance of having a Program of Study(Pathway), how to sustain your Program of Study(Pathway), and how to engage partners in your work. We will discuss what our industry and business partners see as needs within their workforce, and the positive impact this collaboration will have on our economy and job opportunities because we are preparing our students to be college and career ready.
- Cindy Nixon, Director of School Engagement, Project Lead The Way
- Phil Howardell, M. Ed., PVUSD, STEM/CREST Coordinator, The Center for Research in Engineering, Science, and Technology, CREST @ Paradise Valley High School, (602), 449-2102
- Shawn Hardina, VP of Education, STAX3d, email@example.com, (602) 595-3155
- Mannie A. Romero, Executive Director, Office of the CISO, MBA, OSCP, CISSP-ISSEP, GPEN, GCFE, SMFE, (602) 741-7835, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.optiv.com Click here to read Mannie’s biography.
- Meg Gianesello, Executive Director of Educational Programs, Chandler Unified School District